M.A. COMMUNICATION ARTS FOR ASEAN
The Master in Communication Arts for ASEAN is a fully online-based 36 credit two-years program.
THE PROGRAM OFFERS:
- Online distance classes to deliver convenient lectures to your computer, tablet or mobile device. This is one of the great advantages of distance learning; you can read and work through specially designed study materials at your own pace, and at a time and place that suits you best.
- ASEAN culture and context sensitive Communication Arts curriculum based on the standards of Thailand’s Ministry of Education (2005).
- International faculty members and lecturers.
- Networking with academics, broadcasters, media and communication professionals, and development specialists in ASEAN.
THE PROGRAM IS FOR:
- Communication and Media professionals in ASEAN
- Development specialists working in ASEAN
- Academic professionals interested in ASEAN media and communication
- Everyone interested in ASEAN media and communication
17701 Communication Arts and ASEAN
17702 Philosophy and Communication Theories
17703 Communication Paradigm and Research Practice
17704 Comparative Communication Studies for ASEAN
17705 Communication Management for ASEAN
17798 Thesis (Plan A)
17797 Independent Study (Plan B)
17799 Graduate Professional Experience Abroad (1 month)
- Develop students’ research skills and ideas in the rapidly changing field of Communication Arts in ASEAN.
- Develop students’ critical thinking skills to analyze, understand and take action in social, cultural, political, economic issues in ASEAN and be effective communicators and problem-solvers.
- Develop students’ skills to apply research knowledge on ASEAN to real-world situations, at the local, regional and global levels.
- Develop students’ morals, ethics and conscience about cultural, ethnic and linguistic diversities in ASEAN.
- Master of Communication Arts Program in Communication Arts for ASEAN (International Program)
THESIS 17798 (51014001) (12 credits)
To enable students to
1. select research problems for a thesis
2. review and analyze the relevant literature
3. design a thesis research project
4. gain knowledge and skills for writing and presenting a thesis proposal
5. design research tools
6. collect, analyze and present data
7. present and defend a thesis
8. write a complete thesis
9. write a research report for publication
Selecting a research peoblem; surveying, reviewing and analyzing the relevant literature; designing a research project; writing and presenting a thesis proposal; developing research tools for a thesis project; collecting, analyzing and presenting data; presenting and defending the thesis; writing a complete thesis; writing a research report for publication
To enable students to write thesis successfully as follow;
Module 1 : Statement of problem / Rationale
Module 2 : Literature Review
Module 3 : Research Design
Module 4 : Data Analysis
Module 5 : Conclusion & Discussion
Module 6 : Publication