MIL CLICKS is launching its first call in two phases: #UnLockYourMedia and #UnLockYourInformation.
People often don’t fully understand the different types of media that they access, media’s importance to public interest and access to information, and how to critically analyze media messages. Failure to engaging with media content critically and wisely can fuel fake news, online bullying, hate speech and extremism etc. MIL is a real key to enable people to unlock their understanding of media.
|Get involved now!|
More MIL! More MIL!
Media and information literacy (MIL) has become a fundamental citizenship competency in the 21st century.
MIL CLICKS social media movement aims to build capacity on MIL of all social media users.
MIL knowledge, tips, and resources, in simple language,
for easy access during people’s day-to-day use of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
MIL CLICKS is designed for all people, with a particular focus on young people.
MIL CLICKS also targets experts in the field, policymakers and other actors around the world.
How to join the movement?
Join the movement and accelerate the process of “MIL for All”! There are several ways to involve:
1. Liking, following our social media pages, posts & tweets;
2. Sharing/retweeting our posts & tweets on your social media pages;
3. Sharing MIL CLICKS with your networks and inviting your networks to share MIL CLICKS
What is MIL CLICKS?
MIL CLICKS is a social media movement led by UNESCO. The objectives of this social media strategy are to use social media to:
1) Expose people to become more media and information literate and
2) Raise awareness about the importance of media and information literacy (MIL).
Communication and Information Sector